Thursday, June 26, 2008

Nearing 1 Year

I have often wanted to come and sit here and pen my thoughts and feelings. It is a definte escape when life gets hectic. I would escape to read other's thoughts, feelings, and life events. Sometimes I think my family suffered when I would constantly escape into blog world. I try not to frequent blogs as often yet when I do I try to read all that I have missed. Need to find a happy medium.

So July 2nd is fast approaching. I am so torn at what to do for Walker's birthday. I want to celebrate his birthday just like we celebrate the other 3 birthdays. I just want the day celebrated - Chris has much reservations about how to celebrate that day. It was a great day and I think it is important for our living children to see us celebrate all birthdays. I am not suggesting invitations, party favors, cake, etc. Maybe releasing balloons - does everyone need to be included (extended family)?

I miss him so much -

5 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

I think a balloon or even butterfly release would be a beautiful way to celebrate the day.

Extended family? That's a tough call...you are blessed with such a large family. Maybe just this first year, at least, it would be good to include them.

Colored With Memories said...

Happy Birthday, Walker!

Chrissy said...

Happy Birthday Walker! Thinking of you and your family tonight! I know you are having a celebration w/ Eva today, tonight and for eternity. We miss you both oh so much!

Emily said...

Having just walked this road, I feel your pain. I pray the Lord shows you awesome ways to honor your precious son and that your family is reminded of his presence all day long!

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Hi Debbie,
I am just now catching up on some posts. I check in on you often, sorry I missed Walker's birthday. I hope you celebrated it just exactly how it was right for you and your family. You have to post about it - as to help some of us in the future. I continue to pray for you and your family. I hope when I get some summer trips behind me and company, that we can maybe get together?
Love you friend,
Kim