Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Amazed

I have come here many times wanting to write. Then I just read other blogs and was touched and comforted by their words.

As the days get closer to that 2 year mark, I miss Walker more this year than last year.

Maybe I just recognize the feelings and not numb anymore?
I don't know the answers just relying on FAITH to guide me through the next couple of weeks.
So tonight I need to write not just read.

Yesterday, I went to the funeral for a dear family friend. He leaves behind his eternal companion, Marjean, and his 18 yr old daughter. I realized how God works and knows each of our strengths and weaknesses. Gary had been battling cancer for 18mos. He had just watched his only beautiful daughter walk across the stage at her graduation. He celebrated his 18th Father's Day - the day they became a family. Hospice had just been set up. The next morning my mother was inspired to call and check on them and Gary had slipped into a coma. My mother rushed to her dear friend and daughter. Through Heavenly Father's blessings, the family was comforted. He was no longer in a body of pain. But I ache for a little girl that won't have her dad for monumental times in her life and for a wife that will have a complete empty nest after her daughter leaves for college and an empty bed.

Thankful for faithful people who listen to the spirit.

What a remarkable service it was; it reminded me of the life we should be living and Gary was living it. He was a wonderful example and he will be missed.

Every year for 4th of July since before Grace was born, our families have gone to the Plano 4th of July Parade together. This year he will be in spirit and looking down at us holding Walker's hand.

FAITH will get us through this life and into the next. My heart aches for Walker just my spirit knows he is waiting for us. I look forward to celebrating his birth on Thursday.

2 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

funerals are such good reminders of how fleeting life really is. your post summarizes this well. walker and jade would have been great friends. as her 2nd birthday nears, i can't help but think of the little buddy she never got to meet. love you deb! thinking of you...

Anonymous said...

Being the mother of Debbie, I too can feel her pain for Walker, as he brought such a special light into out lives but for such a short time, I also grieve the passing of out very close friend who was such a wonderful man as well as a special friend. I also grieve the passing of my mother who was one of the greatest people in my life. I long to have those special talks we had many times a week and to know that she was always there for me, but I know that she will always be watching over me and my family. She was such a great influence on me and my children and she Loved others in a way that gave hope to some that never would have had any if not for her. Our beloved Charlie who is four, asked after her funeral if she was holding baby Walker (his baby brother) and I told him that yes, that she would be holding his hand in hers until his Mother was able to hold him again. I am so grateful for the eternal family so that I can be with all those we have loved and made a difference in out lives. Deborah, I am proud to be your mother and know that you are special to out Heavenly Father.