Friday, January 23, 2009

Count Down Has Begun

Our newest arrival will be here soon. Peace has finally set in for me. I was reminded last night how I am anticipating his arrival. I am comforted to know that I have never been alone on this journey. I am looking forward to holding our new family member. It has taking me a while to get to this point. I think I was afraid of hurting if things did not turn out the way that I want. I know that it is not my will but His will that things happen.

We still are unsure about a name but I am comforted to know that all work out. Soon. Very soon. Due date was Feburary 14th - Valentine's Day. Now we are counting down to Feburary 2nd. My first 2 deliveries were very fast after water broke - called precipitous labor. We lived only about 15 minutes from the hospital. Then we moved about 30-45 minutes away from the hospital that my OB works with. So with #3 and #4 deliveries, we schedule inductions with just breaking water at the hospital. Then contractions begin and go from a 4 to 8 in less than 1 hour.

I have been very nervous about this delivery because I want to make it to the hospital. I also don't want my water to break while teaching 5th graders (a fear since pregnant with Grace). OB said last week that he could be here before the 2nd; we will have to wait and see(not easy for a control freak).

So I pray that I will have comfort and be paient. I also pray that all goes well with the delivery and we will be inspired with a name.

Maybe next post will be welcoming a new little one into the Savage Family.

7 comments:

Corie said...

Im not sure I have ever commented, but I have read your blog for awhile. I will be praying on the 2nd...its on my calender now. Looking forward to all your updates. What a great joy to begin 2009 with. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Corie said...

Im not sure I have ever commented, but I have read your blog for awhile. I will be praying on the 2nd...its on my calender now. Looking forward to all your updates. What a great joy to begin 2009 with. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Colored With Memories said...

debbie! yay! i can't believe you'll be meeting him in just a matter of days.

i am so glad you have peace about it all now.

can't wait to meet him and learn of his name.

ps...i remember your fear about water breaking while you taught...i'll pray it doesn't happen this go round either!

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Debbie,
thinking about you this morning and checking in - I can't believe you are so close!! I am so excited to see your new little one. I will be praying for you over the next few weeks, for all your fears and anxiety and that you will continue to have that beautifl Peace!
With love,
Kim

Amanda Hoyt said...

You are in my prayers as you approach the big day.
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Jennifer said...

Thank you for this post. It is comforting to know that peace does come, even if it takes time to get there. I will be praying for peace, joy, and health in the coming weeks and months.

Colored With Memories said...

stop by when you get a chance...i passed along a blog award to you today...

kerry