Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Realization Moment

I finally realized why I have a fascination with reading blogs about families that have lost a child. It is easier to feel pain for others' loss than feel my own loss. I am very much afraid of feeling to much of my own pain. Maybe it is part of the grieving process; maybe it is that mothering instinct; maybe I am just weird. I do know I was going to continue writing, yet a Texas storm has decided to start. It is hailing and making me anxious. So I think I will tackle my feelings later and go watch the news to watch out for tornadoes. Oh, spring time in Texas is upon us.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hi Debbie!

My name is Emily and I am a friend of Kim's. My baby girl has been in Heaven for a little more than nine months now, and writing has been my outlet for a long time before that. I'm so glad you met Kim and that you have decided to let the world in on the sacred journey you are walking. I am honored to pray for you, to see the face of your sweet baby, and to walk alongside on you on this road of grief and hope that lies ahead.

Shannon said...

I found you through a link of a link (funny how that happens!) and just wanted to let you know that I find myself doing the same thing. I lost my little girl to a fatal birth defect (anencephaly) on Sept. 6, 2007. I think that reading other people's stories somehow makes me feel a little more "normal" in dealing with the emotions I go through. It also shows me that we are all really strong people who can survive even the most horrible of experiences. Thinking of you...